L'IHECS recrute !
The IHECS is seeking to recruit Lecturers in Research & case studies for its Master’s program in Event Management. The course will be taught in English
Description of the position
Tasks will include teaching and providing guidance to students. The teacher will be part of the pedagogical team of the Master’s program and will ensure that the course unit is coherent with, and integrated into, the general program. He or she will also supervise students’ final dissertations.
- Implement the organization of a teaching plan, taking into account the contents and constraints of the course.
- Determine the contents of the course, produce and update course materials.
- Conceive and implement teaching tools.
- Transmit knowledge, know-how and interpersonal skills to the students on the basis of an established program.
- Evaluate and report on the different teaching activities that have been performed.
- Master’s level degree or similar experience.
- Native English speaker or TOEFLL qualification. The course will be taught in English.
- A very good knowledge of the use of storytelling in a company.
- A very good knowledge of the techniques of gamification in the context of a company.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, intercultural environments.
- A good knowledge of the events sector in Belgium and in Europe.
- Scientific competence and professional experience in diverse aspects linked to storytelling and gamification.
- Capacity to adapt and to integrate into a team
- Capacity to analyze a situation in its totality
- Sense of responsibility
- Organizational capacity and rigor
- Professional deontology
Teaching experience in higher education is considered an asset.
Description of the course
- Students will analyze the different uses of narration in the communication of several organizations and events. They will identify the conscious and unconscious levers. They will use the methods and techniques of storytelling and combine them with those applicable to the process of gamification of communication.
- The intercultural dimension will also be emphasized in this process.
- The course will consist of 26 classroom hours, 10 hours of individual work. All teaching and course work will be in English.
- The different “cases” that are studied in the course will be chosen in collaboration with the head of the section “event management”.
- Starting date: 1st of February 2019
- Place of work: Rue de l’Étuve, 58-60 Brussels
How to apply
Applicants should send a cv and motivation letter by December 17, 2018 to email@example.com
For more information about this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org