Europe is everywhere. The European Union has an ever-increasing say on the law and policy of each Member State, in many different areas. It is the main player and cannot be ignored.The European Union gives impetus, produces standards, awards subsidies, promotes mobility, and encourages cooperation among countries and regions. The ‘EU machinery’ also powers tens of thousands of skilled jobs.
There is a range of employment opportunities: the European institutions themselves (Commission, Council, Parliament, etc.) plus a multitude of bodies linked to or benefiting from them, such as lobbies, European NGOs, regional and local authorities, European communication agencies, information centres, European media, event organisers, and technical agencies, to name but a few.
This European labour market is growing. It requires advanced qualifications. Moreover, it now also needs a broad range of skills covering communication techniques and European public affairs. Communication in European policy is clearly a promising niche market! This European labour market is growing. It requires advanced qualifications. Moreover, it now also needs a broad range of skills covering communication techniques and European public affairs. Communication in European policy is clearly a promising niche market!
APPLICATIONS FOR 2021/2022 ARE OPEN FROM 1st of APRIL TO 24th of SEPTEMBER 2021.
Please note : The number of places is limited to 30 students. When the Executive Master is full, the enrolments is closed.
PROGRAMME : 6 CLUSTERS
1. EU INSTITUTIONAL CONTEXT• 35h • 10 ECTS
- EU Institutions & Decision Making 15h
- Key EU Stakeholders 12h
- Euopean Parliament 6h
- Evaluation : identification & targeting exercices on EU stakeholders – individual work 2h
2. THEORY AND PRACTICE OF EU PUBLIC AFFAIRS •60h • 10 ECTS
- EU Public Affairs Methodology 22h
- Lobbying the European Institutions 14h
- Civil Society Lobbying 10h
- Public Affairs Case Studies 14h
- Lobbying Module FINALE OVERAL exercice
- Evaluation: revised individual lobbying pitch (focus full module learning) 40%
3. THEORY AND PRACTICE OF EU COMMUNICATIONS • 82h • 10 ECTS
- Introductory course and online masterclass 7h
- An EU Strategic Communications Design Methodology 20h
- EU Communication Strategy Execution in Practice 16h
- Working with the Media: Media Strategies and Monitoring the EU Institution perspective 20h
- EU Social Media Strategies 10h
- Protagoras Masterclass 9h
4. EU PUBLIC AFFAIRS & COMMUNICATIONS CAREERS • 60h • 10 ECTS
- Public Affairs Skills 10h
- Creative Negociation Skills 10h
- Political writing 10h
- Media Training 15h
- Career coaching 6h
- Visual Facilitation 10h
- Cultural Intelligence: How to boost your intercultural competence 10h
- Evaluation: skills based testing in class
5. Group project • 20h • 10 ECTS
Students have the choice between 2 projects :
- EU Event (organising a EU Event) 10h
- EU Policy (writing an EU Policy paper) 10h
6. Individual project • 10 ECTS
You have the choice to submit as individual project, one of the three options below:
- A Supervised Thesis or
- A Detailed and Analytical Professional Report (in the frame of an Internship performed during EPAC Programme) or
- A Detailed and Analytical Professional Report (analysing your own job/mission evolution thanks to the programme if you already have a job)
+ OPTIONAL TRAINEESHIP
Do you want to follow this Executive Master during an internship in the European Institutions? Please follow this EPSO Traineeships Guide.
Contact us if you have questions.