Creation of a new foreign language training department at the IHECS Academy
At the end of June 2019, the language teachers of the NPO "Recherche et Formation Marie Haps" were informed of the decision of the board of directors to permanently terminate the activities of the language centre. In this context, a delegation of teachers made contact with the IHECS Academy in order to continue teaching in line with an educational approach and to maintain close contact with its students.
By analysing the training on offer, the management quickly became aware of the complementarity of these learning activities with the projects being developed within the NPO the IHECS Academy . Isn’t mastery of a language the first step towards effective communication? In addition, educational approaches have the same objective: to be up to date and local.
The IHECS Academy immediately wanted to promote the educational quality of teachers, i.e.:
- Each teacher is a native speaker of his/her language of instruction;
- Each teacher modulates courses in order to alternate theory and practice in a balanced way, while remaining focused on the concrete use of the language in context;
- Teachers’ educational approaches form part of a context of collegial exchanges and emulation between "cousin" language teachers;
- The faculty places a great deal of importance on learner follow-up throughout their learning, providing the student with the opportunity to attend all levels of learning if desired, resulting in ongoing and consistent teaching.
It is within this framework of learning that the courses will be given for two hours a week, from 1900 to 2100 from Monday to Friday, from October 2019 to June 2020. Some courses will also be held on Saturday morning. Classes will be held at the IHECS Academy in downtown Brussels.
The IHECS Academy is thus opening a new department and launching a new service offering that fits perfectly with the general objectives of offering cutting-edge training in the field of communication and information.
Cost: Between €350 and €355
When: In the evening or on Saturday morning
Where: IHECS Academy - 27 rue des Grands Carmes or 31 rue de l’Hôpital, 1000 Brussels
Registration: via ihecs-academy.be
Contact: IHECS Academy
* Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, Farsi (Persian), French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, sign language, Spanish and Turkish.