The Executive Master in European Journalism (EMEJ) is a one-year course organised during the day and in the evenings, from September 2016 until June 2017 in Brussels, Belgium. On completion of the course, students will receive a diploma equivalent to 60 ECTS credits.
This Executive Master will offer thematic classes about specific European policies (trade, environment & food, climate, energy, finance, external policy, etc.) given by seasoned experts from the European institutions and by reporters with several years of experience under their belt.
Students will be treated like professional journalists and will be expected to work on various projects, either individually or in groups, and produce quality journalism. This is an excellent opportunity to practice the craft of journalism in the heart of the European Union.
This programme was organised four consecutive years at IHECS Academy (formerly known as IHECS Formations) and is now being relaunched for its fifth edition.
Based in Brussels, at a short distance from the Grand-Place, IHECS Academy is already home to various programmes specifically oriented towards students who wish to learn about the European Union.
What we offer:
- a project-oriented approach where students are expected to work as a real newsroom and meet deadlines;
- a small group of students (max. 25 people);
- access to knowledgeable representatives of European institutions, media, interest groups, etc.;
- proximity to the European Commission, the European Parliament, the Council, and permanent representations of Member States;
- access to IHECS's editing rooms and material when needed;
- advice to create your own portfolio and to find your own voice as a reporter working from Brussels;
- the opportunity to do an internship in the second half of the year;
- support in the creation and development of your master's project